Indigenous Church Planting - A Practical Journey
Charles says, "This book gives great detail related to the theological
foundation, key principles and actual practice of Biblical church planting.
It has been a textbook in many seminaries and Bible schools for almost
"The writing of this book follows thirty years of actually doing indigenous
church planting. It is not a book of theory or a compilation of what others
say about church planting. The writing of the book came from the front
lines of church planting in rural areas and in urban areas. This kind of
church planting is as thrilling and as uncontrollable as the Holy Spirit of
God. Because of its effectiveness and Biblical foundation, this is the
only kind of church planting in which I would want to invest my life."
Section I - PRELIMINARIES TO PLANTING
• Motivation for the journey
• Absolute essentials and excess baggage
• Who can plant churches
• What are we seeking to plant
• Roles of ministry for the pastor and Church members.
• The lifestyle of a church planter
• The church planter and the language
• Concentration: This one thing I do
Section II - FOCUS BEFORE STARTING
• Know your parameters and determine your objectives before starting
• What is an indigenous church
• Identify your target before firing
• Finding a place to plant a church
• A pause for some practical questions
• What strategy and methods will I use
• What style of leadership will I use
• What do you do when there is little or no response
• Clearance from community officials to have a Bible Study
• Promotions and Invitations
Section III - THE CHURCH PLANTING PROCESS
• The Pre-Salvation Stage
• Salvation: The first objective
• One technique illustrated
Section IV - THE BIRTH OF A CHURCH
• They have been born again, what next?
• The second objective reached: The birth of a church
Section V - POST BIRTH
• After the birth: Development
• Leadership Training
• Church Organizational meeting
• The church receiving new members
• How does a church get a pastor?
• What titles do we use when referring to religious leaders?
• What do we do when there is an emergency need within the church family?
• How can we encourage members to reach the lost?
Section VI - THE CHURCHES IN FELLOWSHIP
• The birth of a Fellowship or Association
• Church Planting Process
• Testimony Sheet
• Bible Reading Calendar
• Church Growth Definitions
• Bible study materials for Church Planting and Church Growth
"Indigenous Church Planting, A Practical Journey by Charles Brock is one of the most effective and widely-used books in the church growth field. It grows out of the author's personal experience in discovering a return to practical Biblical and spiritual models of the New Testament church. Once a local church is released from superfluous forms and practices imposed by tradition and society, there is nothing to hinder its growth and reproduction. The book has been used for practical training across the United States and around the world and continues to be an inspiring practical tool reflecting principles and methodologies that are timeless and universal."
Former President International Mission Board, SBC